The gaming industry has grown so big that it now offers jobs to some people who are ready to take these jobs and become big with it.
We have a lot of gamers and game creators In the world today but not all of them know that they can make a lot of money just by creating, playing and even designing games.
In this article, we going to give the list of jobs that are available in the gaming industry including the company that is offering them and of cause the requirements to get those jobs.
Global sales of video games reached US$134.9 billion in July 2018. According to the ESA annual report, it brought in around $9.5 billion in the US in 2007, $11.7 billion in 2008, and $25.1 billion in 2010. Ampere Analysis’ research revealed three things: The worldwide games and services market is anticipated to contract by 1.2% yearly to $188 billion in 2022, and the business is not recession-proof. The sector has steadily risen since at least 2015 and increased 26% from 2019 to 2021, reaching a record $191 billion.
Video games could be highly profitable, and early production expenditures were cheap. A single programmer or a small team of programmers and artists could create games that each sold hundreds of thousands of copies. Since many of these games only a few months to make, developers were able to produce a number of them each year.
Therefore, publishers could frequently be kind with rewards like royalties on the games they sell. This economic environment helped several early video game firms get off the ground, including Origin Systems, Sierra Entertainment, Capcom, Activision, and Electronic Arts.
The number of development teams also rose as processing and graphics capability did since larger staff were required to handle the ever-increasing technical and design challenges.
Programmers, artists, game designers, and producers make up the bigger teams. Their wages can vary from $50,000 to $120,000, which results in high labour expenditures for businesses that produce video games, the development of which frequently takes between one and three years.
The usual modern budget is in the millions of dollars, and middleware and pre-made game engines are used. In addition to rising development expenses, marketing budgets have increased significantly, often by a factor of two to three.
Available Jobs in the Gaming Industry
Here we are going to give you the list of available jobs in the gaming industry and we would also be telling the company that is offering the job as well as the requirements on how you can apply and finally the salary for each job.
1. Game Producer
In our previous post, we talked about who a game producer is and the responsibilities of a game producer.
Well here we are again but this time a different company is offering this job to anybody that is qualified and can meet up with the requirements we have listed below.
IGT is a global leader when it comes to game production and there are using this opportunity to call on all candidates that are prepared and ready to work with them to read the following requirements before applying.
- You should have an undergraduate degree or something equivalent
- You should have experience participating in and contributing to a team’s achievement
- 5+ years of development experience in the gaming or casino industries
- You should have a working knowledge of Class II, Central Determination Systems, and/or Historical Horse Racing Markets
You should have good knowledge of leading others or better-called leadership skills
- Should have good knowledge of the gaming sector
- Experience in game design, software game development, and project management
If you can meet up with the above requirements then you can apply for the job.
You will be paid at least $500 monthly
2. Game Designer at Sand
Being a game designer leaves you with a lot of responsibilities but the good thing is that it also has good pay so it will be fun if you work with the company.
Sand Corp is currently employing anyone that can meet up with their requirements to be a game designer.
- Aged at least 21 years old.
- Proof of employment permission in the US by showing your employment letter.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, or 3-years of experience that is comparable to casino gaming
- Any certification or license that is called for by law or policy must be able to be acquired and maintained.
- Preferably 3+ years of expertise in casino gaming and design Casino online
- Experience creating procedural documentation, marketing documentation, and technical documentation for games (table games, slot machines, keno, and bingo).
- Experience working for a gaming provider to land-based casinos prior experience
- Using casino math concepts to the creation of new live game shows
- Capacity to grasp and comprehend complicated subjects rapidly
- With the capacity to understand both the large picture and the minutiae, one with a highly analytical perspective
If you finally get the job, you will pay a total of $103k over a year very good.
3. Advanced Game Writer
WarnerMedia is one of the biggest in the game and now they are in search of a good game writer to work with them.
As a big team, they have produced a lot of games that have made history and sold a lot of units in the United States especially.
You know you have to be a good writer if you want to get this job.
- Commitment to excellence and promotion of a positive workplace culture
- An enthusiasm for novel storytelling techniques as well as knowledge of and interest in producing procedural content
- 8+ years of game writing experience, preferably on a AAA open-world game, with outstanding work on plot, characters, and dialogue
- A thorough awareness of viewpoint and tone
- Ability to argue for narrative principles with the larger team while working cooperatively with a team of writers.
- Exceptionally talented in world-building and character development
- English or a related major in a bachelor’s degree is recommended, or equivalent
- Experience writing video games
- Love and knowledge of Wonder Woman
You will be paid the total sum of $150,000 yearly for writing for WarnerMedia
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make money from video games?
Yes, you can make a lot of money from video games
Can a solo programmer make money?
It is 100% possible
What is the salary of a game writer?
It is between $80k to $105k yearly, depending on your company.
Why not hurry now and apply to be part of any of the companies that are offering jobs?
Here at codloadout, we would keep giving you update on the latest jobs in the industry
Do well to leave a comment below if you have any questions.