There are a lot of part-time gaming jobs available in the world today and we know the gaming industry is growing so is opening the way for those that are interested in becoming profitable gamers.
Before we continue with giving you the available part-time jobs for gamers, we would first look at the career in gaming and a little about how you can become a successful gamer.
A career in Gaming?
If a job in video gaming sounds too wonderful to be true, you’ll be relieved to learn that there are numerous options available. By 2023, it is expected that professional gaming, often known as Esports, would produce $1.5 billion.
It takes a lot of commitment, endurance, and talent to become a professional gamer. Even if gaming is your passion, not everyone is cut out for a career in it. The ability of gamers to draw sizable crowds and win enormous sums of money—often in the millions—makes this a naturally alluring career for individuals with an interest in video games.
How To Become a Pro Gamer?
If you want to be a pro gamer, follow the rules below.
1. Choose a name, genre and platform
When beginning out as a professional gamer, you should often adhere to a single game, platform, or genre. You need to limit your selections since there are so many games and places to play them that it would be difficult to learn them all.
Select a genre to start, such as a strategy or racing game. The more detailed you are, the higher your chances of success are. You can choose more than one genre.
The next step is to choose your gaming platforms, such as PS4 or other consoles like PC (which is the most popular choice in competitive gaming).
2. Start Gaming
If you want to succeed as a professional gamer, you need to get as near to perfection as you can, even if it’s probably not possible. Pay attention to what other seasoned players and streams do, invest time in learning and refining game methods, and strive to maximize your gaming.
You may always discover online hints, instructions, or guidelines from other players that you can utilize to improve your abilities in a particular game.
3. Join Gaming Community
The first part of the struggle is learning the game well. Additionally, you need to stand out. Joining a gaming community, whether it be online or in person, is the greatest method to achieve this.
You’ll meet a lot of like-minded people who can support and help you on your journey to becoming a professional gamer, so joining a community has benefits beyond networking. Together, you can practice and share knowledge to improve your skills.
Available Part-Time Gaming Jobs
If you are someone who is not always exposed or not always online and you wish to get a part-time job in the gaming industry, here are some of the jobs you need to get. The good thing here is the jobs are paying well.
1. Faculty Computer Gaming at Montgomery College
This computer gaming is organized by Montgomery college and employs students who need part-time jobs to allow.
You can work as a gamer in the college if you can meet up with the following requirements
- You should have a master’s degree in game development
- You should have experience teaching game development using unity software to college students
- Should have at least one year of teaching experience
- Faculty members will be given an email and password which will help them access the game files
- You should have access to the internet and a personal laptop outside your work area.
- Your laptop should be free from virus attacks which means you should have an anti-virus
- You should have good communication skills and good when it comes to the English language
- Should be able to meet up with a deadline to submit the mid-term report to students
- You should be eligible to work in the United States
- Some years of experience teaching college students
- A year or more of professional experience working in the animation, programming, or game development fields
- Having experience designing or instructing board games.
- Knowledge of the MC gaming program and its transfer options.
- An online portfolio of your work in game development. Include the URL to your online portfolio or a PDF of it in your cover letter if you have one.
- You will be expected to teach the student on their way towards becoming successful game developers and gamers and getting a degree in the course.
- You will be required to teach at least one or two classes each semester
- You will also need to agree to any other job that will be assigned to you by the department or institution.
You will be paid $17 for every hour of your work and helping the team reach a goal will lead to extra compensation.
2. Gaming Industry – Developers Account Manager
This job is offered by Havok for people that are good with account management, for you ringer this job, you have to look at the requirements below.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the gaming industry Work experience with a game studio or publisher
- Knowledge of the technologies, pipelines, and processes involved in game development
- Discussion and alignment of licensing agreements with consumers in the past
knowledge of CRM platforms, such as Salesforce, Dynamics 365, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with important clients and elaborate regional and account management strategies.
- Develop, oversee, and increase Havok SDK sales in the designated area.
If you finally get this job, you will be paying a total sum of $18 per hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get a job by playing games?
As a gamer, you will be paid to test games and it will give you access to pre-released games.
What is the best job for gaming?
Marketing and animation producers are the best.
Can I game for a living?
If you get the opportunity to work with an esports company, then yes you can game for a living.
You can apply for any of the jobs we have mentioned here and be employed as a gamer.
Here at codloadout, we would always give you available jobs to help young gamers start making money in the industry.
For more information and Questions, kindly leave a comment below.